Crimson Wins Red Herring Top 100 Asia Award!
On November 16, 2010, Crimson Interactive (Enago) won the Red Herring Top 100 companies in the Asia-Pacific region for 2010 award in Shanghai, China. Crimson (Enago) was the only academic editing company that made it to the top 100. Hundreds of founders and CEOs of technology innovation companies were invited. Crimson was represented by its CEO Sharad Mittal, who presented the winning strategy.
The culture of innovation at Crimson has been rewarded through this recognition. Crimson is recognized as the industry mover in academic editing. This coveted distinction was awarded following a rigorous evaluation by a panel that comprised, among others, venture capitalists and serial entrepreneurs.
This recognition puts Crimson (and Enago) in the exalted company of Google, Yahoo, and YouTube, which have been accorded similar recognition in the past.
Crimson outperformed its competition in the academic editing industry by virtue of being the first to initiate several novel systems and processes. These have not only gained acceptance as industry standards but have also subsequently been replicated by other companies.
Top 100 Award Certificate
The experts at Enago have been particularly receptive to language-related and other requirements of researchers whose native language is different from English.
Some of the innovative concepts and strategies implemented are summarized below:
- Twin-editor model wherein two subject-area experts, one each from a large pool of in-house staff and freelancers who work on the same manuscript. This maximizes quality in the least amount of time.
- Manuscript Rate Card™ with a summarized analysis of the editors’ assessment of manuscript quality and suitability for publication.
- Direct TeX Editing performed by editors well-versed in the intricacies of the TeX formatting language.
- Autoquote which provides an instant cost estimate in a standardized manner.
- Native language comments for authors to enhance communication between researchers and editors.
- Editing Quality Management System to increase the transparency in monitoring quality through metrics applicable across a range of manuscripts.
Details regarding the above aspects and information about other advances can be found here. A natural outcome of the dedication to achieve the highest quality has been ISO certification. Enago was the first editing company to be granted this certification, and currently, the systems and processes at Enago are ISO9001:2008 certified.
Further innovations have already been implemented or are in the works:
- Conferences Project, a free service to facilitate communication between Japanese researchers and international conference organizers.
- Journal Selection Tool™ to guide researchers in selecting the most appropriate journal for publication.
The culture of innovation at Crimson continues to flourish. The 2010 Red Herring Top 100 Asia award is just a reflection of this character. These achievements are the result of being receptive to client needs and responsive to their concerns. Crimson continues to be an industry mover and is defining the standards for the industry. It is a brave new world out there for researchers and Crimson is keeping pace with technological and strategic developments. With the spirit at Crimson, only sky is the limit!