The Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2022 featured top colleges and universities from over 31 territories in Asia.
With Japan’s 118 universities marking their spot in the chart, the country represents the highest number of universities making to the rankings this year. While China bags the second place with 97 ranked institutions, India follows as the third most represented country, with 71 of its universities making it to the rankings. In terms of the top 10 institutions, China leads the way with several entries along with smaller geos such as South Korea, Hong Kong, etc.
While the Times Higher Education World University Rankings are based on 13 performance indicators, the Asia University Rankings reflect the attributes of Asian universities.
The Five Groups of Performance Indicators for Asian Universities
The Universities Adjudged as Top 5 Universities in Asia for the Year 2022
1. Tsinghua University, China
- Multidisciplinary system
- Offers 51 undergraduate programs and more than 200 postgraduate degrees
- Also features in the top 20 universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Alma mater of yesteryear’s Nobel laureate particle physicist Chen-Ning Yang and many more notable scholars
2. Peking University, China
- Known for its research excellence
- It has around 216 research centers, 2 of which are national engineering institutions
- Teaches and researches across science, social sciences, and humanities
- Internationally recognized for physical sciences and engineering
- Largest library in Asia with over 11 million books and other resources
- It’s an alma mater of 3 Nobel laureates and other renowned scientists
3. National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Known for its research and international outlook
- Ranks in the top 25 in the World University Rankings
- Stands out for exemplary performance in engineering and technology, law, and computer science
- Instils entrepreneurial focus with its dedicated center for innovation and technopreneurship
- Has adapted Oxbridge-style teaching through small group tutorials along with US-style course credits
- Flexible degree programs with easy course transfers across disciplines
- Four Singaporean prime ministers and presidents, two Malaysian prime ministers, and others are amongst notable alumni of NUS
4. University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Follows English as the main language of instruction
- Its 10 academic faculties include: dentistry, biomedicine, architecture, education, humanities, law, economics, business administrations, linguistics, and political science.
- Past students have held senior positions in several sectors
5. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Renowned for engineering, technology, and computer science courses
Find the top 100 universities in Asia 2022 here!