Incorrect Vs. Correct- Research Titles
When you are searching for a research study on a particular topic, you probably notice that articles with interesting, descriptive research titles draw a lot of attention. On the other hand, research papers with non-optimized titles do not get noticed easily, although they may have interesting content inside. An erroneous research title can be misleading. It could hamper the discoverability of your article and also cause difficulties whilst citing similar work.
Correcting Incorrect Titles
- Describe the purpose of your study.
- Keep it short yet informative.
- Focus on the key factor of your study.
- Avoid using acronyms in the title.
- Eliminate unnecessary filler words.
- Use jargon carefully to reflect the specificity of your study.
This smartshort gives an example of an incorrect research title and shows how to correct it. Learn more about how to write good research titles.