LIVE WEBINAR: How to Survive Peer Review in Social Sciences and Humanities?
27 June, 2019; 8:30 - 9:30 AM (EDT)Register Now
Are you intrigued to know what happens after successfully submitting your article or book manuscript? Our next webinar will give an insight into the complete peer review process followed by authentic journals and publishers for assessing the quality of the work submitted and ensuring publication of reliable data. We will also share practical tips that will help researchers understand the reviewer’s comments and respond to them effectively thereby, avoiding journal rejection.
Through this webinar, researchers will learn:
- Overview of the peer review process and different models adopted by journals
- How peer review in HSS is different from STEM?
- Understanding reviewer’s comments and responding to them appropriately
- Expert tips to handle manuscript rejections
Note: This webinar is a continuation of our previous webinar on ‘How to Master the Art of Publishing in Social Sciences and Humanities.’ Join now and enhance your knowledge about the publication journey of a researcher, open access publishing in HSS, and the rapidly growing field of Digital Humanities.
About the Speaker
Prof. Michael Prieler
- A distinguished researcher, published author, and a public speaker, Prof. Prieler is currently appointed as a professor at Hallym University—a top-ranked media and communication school in South Korea. In the past, he was also briefly associated with University of Illinois (USA) and Temple University (Japan).
- With 15+ years of research experience primarily focused on media, advertising, and health communication studies, Prof. Prieler has 40+ research papers with nearly 400 citations, 8 grants, and a book to his credit. His research papers have also been accepted and published in Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) indexed journals.
- Prof. Prieler serves on the editorial board of popular journals Sex Roles (Springer) and Moment Dergi (Moment Journal: Journal of Cultural Studies, Hacettepe University, Turkey). Additionally, he is affiliated with established publishing houses like Elsevier, Springer, Wiley, Routledge, Sage, Public Library of Science, etc. as a reviewer.
- Prof. Prieler has also been conferred with several prestigious awards such as Hallym University Distinguished Professor” award (2018-2020), Second Place Faculty Research Paper Award, AEJMC Conference(2016), etc.