I have just completed writing my research paper. What are some of the things I should check before submitting it to a journal?
Firstly, many congratulations that you have completed your research paper!
Before submitting your manuscript to any journal, there are certain things that you have to pay attention to!
- Choose the right journal, and beware of predatory journals.
- Check if your manuscript adheres to the journal’s aim and scope (this is the primary reason for any paper gets rejected at the editor’s desk)
- Proofread, proofread, and proofread
- Do not submit to multiple journals at once
- Check for plagiarism content and ensure the manuscript is 100% unique.
- Submit your manuscript for a journal with a good impact factor
- Check for the acceptance rate of the journal; this will save much of your time!
These are the primary things which you have to keep a check on! And then you are good to go!