Manuscript Submission: Tips and Challenges
Once a target journal has been identified by a researcher, next step is to ensure that the manuscript is prepared based on the journal’s guidelines. Often, researchers face rejections for non-adherence to journal’s guidelines. In addition, many authors are not able to fulfill submission requirements and successfully complete the submission process.
In this presentation, we will address some key concepts that authors should be aware of to avoid making incomplete and incorrect submissions to journals leading to immediate rejection. We will also discuss ways in which pre-submission queries can be addressed. Furthermore, we will cover how plagiarism is detected by journals, how published content can be re-used by researchers, and clarify copyright-related concerns of authors. Finally, we will share tips on writing a good cover letter to accompany your manuscript.
After this session, you will have more information about the following:
- Importance of preparing a submission ready manuscript
- Addressing pre-submission queries
- Awareness of ethical guidelines that should be considered prior to submission
- Information regarding online submission systems
- Tips on drafting a good cover letter