LIVE Webinar: A Crash Course on Biostatistics | Part II
16 Jan 2019Register now
Our previous webinar covered the introductory concepts in Biostatistics such as importance of statistics, commonly used statistical software programs, types of data and charts, and frequency distribution. In continuation of the same, we are glad to announce our next webinar as part of the series on Biostatistics by Dr. Traci Marin (Ph.D., University of California, USA), who will further throw light upon some important phenomena.
Note: In case you gave missed the first part of the Biostatistics series, you can attend the session now by clicking here. This crash course will have 1 more session covering other important concepts such as odds ratio, regression analysis, and multiplicity.
After this second session, you will have more information on the following:
- Types of clinical study designs
- Hypothesis testing and its types
- The P-value approach
- Types of errors
- Effect size
- Sample size
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- Traci Marin is a published author and has worked for more than a decade in the dynamic field of biostatistics and molecular biology research.
- Traci has worked as an academic, researcher as well as a doctoral programs director at several renowned universities.
- She pursued her PhD and MSc degrees in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from the prestigious University of California. She also holds a Masters degree in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Loma Linda University.
- She is also a recipient of several awards such as Young Investigator Award (Loma Linda University), Magna Cum Laude (University of California) and President’s Award (Loma Linda University).
All webinar-related materials such as handouts, checklists, recording link, etc. will only be shared with the attendees. Please go ahead and recommend this session to your colleagues! It’s free!