The ability to attain funding is a real necessity and a valuable skill for a career in academia. Many private and public funding organizations support research in the interest of the advancement of science and technology. However, most researchers find it immensely challenging to obtain funding for their research. Researchers need to write competently, go through the peer review process, adhere to guidelines and deadlines, and be aware of opportunities to win a research grant. This webinar in collaboration with Altum, specialists in grant management systems, aims to educate researchers about the process of creating a persuasive and compelling proposal for grant funding.
Through this session, researchers will learn the following:
- An introduction to research funding
- Knowledge about funding agencies and what they look for
- How to read and select a call for applications
- Understanding the research question – what is being addressed and why is it important
- The key building blocks of any impactful research proposal
- Understanding the processes involved, pre- and post-submission
- An introduction to Altum and the role they play in the research workflow
At Altum, we believe that research is the heart of innovation and the catalyst for advancement. ProposalCentral, a leading research administration platform by Altum, is designed to empower funders, connect the research community, and extend the impact of grantmaking long beyond the award.
Who should attend this session?
- Graduate students
- Early-stage researchers
- Established researchers
Register Now for FREE!
About the Speaker
Grant reviewer at National Science Foundation (NSF) with noteworthy experience in scientific writing, public speaking, teaching and communicating science
Sign-up to read more
Subscribe for free to get unrestricted access to all our resources on research writing and academic publishing including:
- 2000+ blog articles
- 50+ Webinars
- 10+ Expert podcasts
- 50+ Infographics
- Q&A Forum
- 10+ eBooks
- 10+ Checklists
- Research Guides